The two-week summer program at Okayama University is designed on the basis of the main concepts of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) defined by the 193 Member States of the United Nations in 2015.
This program aims to provide students with an opportunity to think about what the “sustainable development” is by exploring Setouchi region’s past, present and future through a lecture series concerning the revitalization of mountain villages, community involvement in the historic town of Kurashiki, the well–known Setouchi Art Festival and the transformation of people’s ways of life in the whole region.
The Summer Program, offered in English, is filled with exciting lectures from selected faculty members, elementary Japanese language classes, and field trips, concluding with group presentations with Okayama University students.
Program Tuition and Fees: 108,000JPY is inclusive of:
• Application fee
• Tuition fee
• Field Trips:
• 1 night hotel charge on July 7 in Kurashiki: Kurashiki Station Hotel
Airline ticket, transportation fee from the airport to Okayama University, accommodation except for hotel on July 7 in Kurashiki, optional excursions and all personal expenses such as travel insurance, food, etc.
• Twin room: 48,000JPY
• Single room: 50,400JPY
* A limited number of scholarships is available for students from partner universities with GPA 2.3 or higher according to the JASSO scale.
Undergraduate students who are studying in universities with which Okayama University has an agreement for academic or student exchange will be given priority. Undergraduate students from other overseas higher education institutions are also encouraged to apply. However, such candidates cannot be considered as candidates for the JASSO scholarship.
Certificate & Credit:
Those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a certificate and 3 credits from the Center for Global Partners and Education, Okayama University.
Total number of participants: 45 maximum (Minimum number 20). If the total number of applicants who qualify to take the course does not meet the minimum required number, this summer program may be cancelled. The decision about whether or not this program will be carried out will be made and announced by May 25, 2018 (Friday).
How to Apply:
Students may apply for this summer school through the following web site. https://v3.apollon.nta.co.jp/OkayamaCAMPUS/\
• 1st Deadline: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
• 2nd Deadline: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
*Apply early, the number of JASSO Scholarships is limited!
• Wednesday, February 14, 2018 : 1st submission Deadline
• Wednesday, March 7, 2018 : 2nd Deadline
• Thursday, March 1, 2018 : 1st period application acceptance result
• Thursday, March 22, 2018 : 2nd period application acceptance result
• Monday, April 23, 2018: Application due (down payment 40,000 JPY)
• Friday, June 1, 2018: JASSO Scholarship announcement
• Friday, June 8, 2018: Final deadline of the payment for the balance
• Sunday, July 1 - Saturday, July, 14, 2018: Summer school at Okayama University and disbursement of JASSO scholarship (80,000 JPY) to scholarship winners in cash.
Please check Okayama University's website for details. http://www.okayama-u.ac.jp/eng/events/index_id2106.html
Should you have any questions, please contact the following person:
|Contact : Mike Kitatsugi (NTA Business Support)
Nippon Travel Agency Co., Ltd
Okayama Branch, Chu-shikoku Convention Group
2-1-7, Ekimae-cho, Kita-ku, Okayama, 700-0023 Japan
Direct : +81-90-8129-7623 FAX : +81-6-4796-3737
Regarding academic matters:
Summer Program Office