European Union Ambassador invited all PSU students and academics to apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, which will allow them to further their studies in Europe (Action 1), or to establish joint/ exchange programs or research with European higher education institutions (Action 2). He also mentioned that for Action 2 there are 22 Erasmus Mundus Scholarships allocated to PSU and 29 allocated to all Thai nationals.
Action 1: Erasmus Mundus Master Courses and Joint Doctorates
• Students (masters and doctoral students) and academics/ researchers should apply to the selected Erasmus Mundus universities.
• Programs include study and research periods, in at least two universities, and award recognized double, multiple or joint degrees.
• Study periods: between 3 months and 3 years.
• The scholarship is: up to 24,000 Euro per year for Master Courses
60,000 to 130,000 Euro for three-year Joint Doctorates.
How to apply?
1) Go to Erasmus Mundus website:
2) Click on the link to: Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses (EMMC)
Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorates (EMJD)
3) Select your course and go to the website of your chosen course, to find out information concerning application procedures, language requirements, etc.
4) Send your application directly to the coordinator of your selected course.
Action 2: Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Mobility
Students of European and Thai partner universities that belong to consortia can apply directly within the consortium. These consortia may also accept applications from students of non-partner universities.
For information on scholarships for Thai students, go to:
and click on the link for Action 2. There is a list of countries covered by each project.
PSU is already part of two consortia including European universities:
• University of Rome La Sapientza (Italy) – “Higher Education Consortium in Earthquake Risk Mitigation Developmental Issues in Disaster Prevention and Management”;
• University of Nice Sophia Antipolis (France) – Erasmus Mundus Action 2 “Erasmus Mundus Mobility with Asia-East (EMMA-East)”.
For more information, please click on the Power Point presentations and PDF documents.