THAI CULTURAL CAMP
The PSU Thai Cultural Camp for has been specially designed to allow international university students and staff to learn more about Thailand, its culture, language, and traditions. It is a comprehensive program including language and cultural classes, field trips, visits to museums and historical areas, as well as excursions to renowned tourist places around Southern Thailand.
Prince of Songkla University Hat Yai Campus, Thailand
Hat Yai Campus, the main campus of PSU, is located in the multicultural city of Hat Yai in Songkhla province. Hat Yai Campus, with its attractive landscape, provides a serene setting ideal for education and learning, and is the center of various disciplines, including Health Sciences, Science and Technology, Engineering, Management Sciences, Liberal Arts, Economics, Law, Natural Resources, Environment Management, and Agro-Industry.
Camp’s activities and classes are arranged on campus (except for trips and excursions), providing access to campus-wide Wi-Fi internet, many delicious students’ cafeteria, and a modern Sport Complex, inclusive of an Olympic-size swimming pool.
The city of Hat Yai, the hub of trade and economy of the South, is easily reachable being just one hour flying from Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, about 60 km from the Malaysian border, and 30 km from the beautiful tropical long beaches of Songkhla. It is a modern city, with a vibrant mix of Thai, Chinese, and Malay influences, making Hat Yai a thrill to visit with many cultural and modern entertainment attractions.
Various topics on Thai Language, Traditional Medicine, Thai Cooking, Thai Dancing, Thai Boxing, Sufficiency Economy, and Thai Way of Life and its Environment are covered by the program.
Participants will be able to experience a broad variety of activities introduced and guided by knowledgeable instructors. For example, during the Thai Cooking session participants will cook and taste several Thai dishes, like the authentic and traditional Thai style “Tom Yam Kung.” Also, during the Thai Traditional Medicine class, Thai Herbs and Spa are introduced and participants will learn how to do themselves herbal medicines. They will take this knowledge back home, to apply it in their own country.
Participants have the opportunity to travel to and get first-hand information on historical places and renowned tourist attractions in Southern Thailand, such as:
- Krabi: trip to white sand islands & snorkeling; enjoy beautiful beaches; swim at the Emerald Pool (Sa Morakot); experience Krabi Night Market
- Phatthalung: Handicraft Learning Center Varni Krajood
- Satun: white-water rafting, and beautiful waterfalls
- Songkhla: Samila beach, Folklore museum, old town, Floating Market, etc.
- Field trip to a local village to see the way of life of Thai people
Participants will be accommodated in a safe and comfortable hotel in the downtown of Hat Yai. Laundry services, restaurants, and mini-marts are available nearby. International participants will be guided and accompanied by nice Thai students during all activities, trips and free time.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Participant’s passport must be available for minimum six (6) months from the date of entering Thailand.
- Participants from PSU partner universities benefit of discounts only if they are nominated by their university and the related department/office at their university sends to PSU the specific Application Form.
- Individual applications are possible, but no discount will apply.
- Please read the Refund Policy below.
Early bird rate: US$ 950 (payed before 31 March 2019)
Final deadline payment: US$ 1,000 (payed from 1-30 April 2019)
*All Bank Transfer Fees must be covered by the participant
- Includes: accommodation, airport pick-up and drop-off service at Hat Yai International Airport, local transportation to field trips and excursions as mentioned in the program, as well as most of the meals
- participants are responsible for their own travel expenses from home city to Hat Yai, international health & accident insurance for the duration of the camp, some meals, and other personal expenses
Please make bank transfer payment to Siam Commercial Bank, PSU Hat Yai Branch, 15 Karnjanavanich Road, Hat Yai, Songkhla 90110 Thailand, Account Name: PSU International Affairs, Account No. 565-455889-5, SWIFT Code: SICOTHBK
Applicants already finalizing the payment and deciding later to withdraw, can request a
refund under the following conditions:
- cancelations of participation made by 14 June 2019 are refunded (less the transfer
fees and currency conversion fees that our bank will charge on the total amount);
- cancelations made on 15 June 2019 and after cannot be refunded
*All transfer-back fees and the conversion rates from Thai Baht to USD and from USD
to participant’s country currency will be charged on participant.
Please send the completed Application Form, copy of passport & bank transfer slip to the PSU International Affairs Office: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org